New In: Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade, Lorac Pro palette, Real Techniques sponge

Wednesday, February 12, 2014


Here is a haul of some things I picked up recently. I got the Real Techniques sponge, Lorac Pro palette, a Maybelline loose pigment, and the new Anastasia Dipbrow pomade (with brush).


The Real Techniques sponge is a Beauty Blender dupe. A few beauty gurus whom I trust (and own the Beauty Blender) say this is even better. Real Techniques is a brand that consistently delivers when it comes to makeup application tools. I have had this sponge for a few weeks and I can say that it is love. First, you wet the sponge and wring out excess water. You can then apply your liquid or cream foundation with it. It is amazing how natural my makeup looks with this sponge. The flat edge is good for applying the product to the face, the pointed end is great for blemishes or underneath the eyes, and the round body is useful for blending. I am a total convert. I got it for $8 at Ulta.


I got a Maybelline pigment in Improper Copper. I haven't tried any of their pigments, but I am beyond excited by how gorgeous this one is. Seriously? Gold glitter and copper together will add so much dimension to eye looks. I plan on using it in the outer corner to deepen smokey eyes. 


Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade is a super exciting release. It is basically a waterproof gel that defines brows and lasts forever. This product will give you "Pinterest" brows (aka totally flawless Kardashian defined brows) or natural brows depending on how much you apply. I would suggest applying VERY sparingly as a tiny bit goes a long way. I bought the brush that goes along with the gel, although I do not think this brush is necessary as long as you own a slanted brush and a spoolie already. I got the color Dark Brown.

Dipbrow applied to the right eyebrow only

I have been wanting the Lorac Pro palette for so long now! I had 20% off at Ulta, so I finally picked it up. I love the versatility of this palette. You can go smokey or super natural with 16 shades to choose from. They are super pigmented and the staying power is nice too. I did a smokey eye with the color I was dying to use, Garnet, today.


I used Cream (1) as a base, Taupe (2) in the crease, Bronze (3) all over the lid, Garnet (4) in the crease and outer corner, and Nude (5) as a shimmer inner corner highlight. The result was a natural smokey eye with minimal effort. The shades blended seamlessly and complimented each other nicely. I also ran the Garnet shade mixed with Sable under the eye.



I would love to hear what products you have picked up recently!
xxChris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger