Simple Summer Makeup

Wednesday, July 9, 2014


Summer makeup to me is easy, fresh, and statement making. I will usually do glowy skin, with either a bold lip or cheek. My favorite products for simple summer makeup are below. 


The complexion is the first step. I use the Nars Translucent Powder to set my face makeup. This adds a glow while still keeping things relatively matte. I then use my favorite summer highlighter, Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips. This product is absolutely holy grail because it can be used as a highlighter or a gorgeous sunset-inspired eyeshadow look. It is basically rose gold with tons of shimmer so I usually only reach for it in the summer. Also, it is like $6 (beat that!). Lastly, I usually add some type of bronzer (matte or shimmery). This one is by Laura Mercier.  


Now that glowy skin is achieved, I usually will either add a bold lip or cheek. My two favorite products for a statement cheek are Benefit's Benetint or Tarte Blush in Tipsy. Benetint is a true red cheek stain, while Tipsy is straight orange. Both are easily wearable, but bold. If I go this route, I will do a natural or nude lip. 


Bold lips are the scariest things to most girls and the topic I get the most questions about. I hear all the time girls saying that they don't know how to pull this off. There is no method! Just wear it and be confident about it. It will look amazing and so will you. You deserve the attention you get from bold lips because you are beautiful! Anyways, an easy way to back into bold lips is with a saturated gloss like the ones by NYX (Ulta). Also, I always profess my love for Revlon Lip Balms (this one is the orange in the matte line). Lastly, Tom Ford Wild Ginger is the most perfect coral-orange if you are looking for a splurge. And the packaging kills me every time. 

Side view of the highlighter and Tom Ford Wild Ginger lipstick
What is your go-to summer look? 
Hope you get to enjoy the sunshine today,
xxChris 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger