Put Your Best Face Forward

Monday, April 15, 2013

Summers here are full of sunshine, pool days, and outdoor shopping. Unfortunately, they are also full of humidity and sweating. A solid base for the summertime is about as essential as a margarita and a good book. The following are a few of my favorites.


1. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - A gorgeous light to medium coverage foundation perfect for summer. A watery and thin consistency gives this base a light feel to the skin. Vitalumiere has the coverage you may crave from a foundation with the feel of a tinted moisturizer. An SPF of 15 makes it the ideal "slap on my face because I'm late" option. I apply this with fingers or a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (Ulta). 

2. Nars Sheer Glow - A medium buildable coverage foundation that blends into the skin like silk. The finish is dewy and natural with more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. One tip, this foundation goes on perfectly with the warmth of your fingers. No brush required. Setting powder for this one may be necessary in the hotter days (I have my eye on the Chanel Les Beiges). 

3. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - A cult favorite, but a new addition to me. I just picked up this beauty from Sephora last week. I am eager to compare this to the vitalumiere aqua. I suspect it will be more dewy, yet with less coverage than the Nars. This baby boasts an SPF of 20 and is available oil-free for those of us with acne issues *cough



What are your favorite go-to summer foundations? 


I hope you have had the most amazing day! 
Christina 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger