Drugstore Heroes

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I have wanted to do an entirely drugstore post for a while now. Can I just say that picking out my favorites was SUPER easy. These products are SO good, that if I was to lose all of them suddenly *panic would ensue* and then I would run out and purchase them all over again. That is how good they are. So here they are: my drugstore saviors.

1. Maybelline Color Tattoos 




Maybelliene Color Tattoos have received a lot of buzz in the past year and rightfully so. These are pigmented, creamy, and dry to a beautiful finish that will last ALL day. Admittedly, they will crease on me after about 8 hours or so, but I have super oily lids. If you need one, use a primer underneath. I prefer using them without one, as I believe the product drys onto the skin better without it, but that is just my opinion. My favorite color is Bad to the Bronze, which is swatched in the bottom picture. 

2. Loreal Infallible Eyeshadows




Loreal Infallible eyeshadows are loose eyeshadows with major pigmentation. It comes with a little handled cap that holds the product in. Do not throw this away! You need it to hold the shadow in. These are similar to a loose pigment, except they are packed into the pot tightly. I use the Bronzed Taupe color all over the lid for a gorgeous natural eye (swatched on the bottom). The other color, Eternal Sunshine, is gorgeous tapped into the center of the lid to take any eye look up a notch. Apply your regular shadows, then take the gold color on your ring finger and tap over the center of the eye. I have also heard really good things about the color Amber Rush. I have yet to find an eye brush that applies these as well as my fingers. Fingers all the way!
*The taupe color is a favorite of Sandra. A seriously gorgeous and knowledgeable blogger that I have followed for years. Check her out here: http://www.15stepsblog.com/

3. Real Techniques makeup brushes



Created by the infamous Pixiwoo personality/makeup artist on YouTube, Samantha Chapman, these brushes are seriously good. The quality of these brushes is fantastic and the prices of them are also nothing to shy away from. Makeup brushes can get so expensive, which is a shame because they can take a major beating from daily use. If you are looking for some new brushes, I suggest getting one of their kits (http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2229998&productId=xlsImpprod3220069&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat260018%20cat80088%20cat80084%20cat260010). My favorites (going from top to bottom) are the Stippling Brush (a MUST have for cream blushes), the Blush Brush, and the Expert Face Brush. The Stippling Brush is perfect for pigmented cream blushes that need some blending to look good (NYX cream blushes for example). The Blush Brush is duo fiber, tapered, and will blend powder blushes into the skin flawlessly. The Expert Face Brush is an buffing brush for foundation. It will turn any foundation you own into a fuller coverage product. Just dot on the foundation with your finger all over your face and blend away. Several gurus say this brush is their favorite foundation brush of all time and I agree.

4. Wet and Wild Blush in Pearlescent Pink



This blush is like 2 dollars and it is a good dupe of the cult favorite Nars Orgasm. Need I say more?The Wet and Wild one is on the top and Nars is on the bottom in the picture. Wet and Wild is lighter, but they both have a golden shimmer that makes the cheeks look flushed with a natural glow. Warning: this is seriously pigmented. It will make you look like a clown if you apply too much. Use a duo fiber brush and lightly tap and build the color until you like the finish. I use the Real Techniques Blush Brush from above.

5. Sonia Kashuk eyeshadows



All of her shadows are great: easily blendable, pigmented, and long wearing. This is the Eyes on Neutral Palette. You can get Sonia Kashuk at Target. This palette was around the $20 mark, but for 12 shadows, that is amazing value.

6. Loreal Voluminous Original 



This mascara requires no explanation. Volumizing to the extreme. This is the closest mascara I have found to my beloved Dior Show that I have used for years. I have both the black and the dark brown, which is nice when I am wearing warmer eyeshadows or a bronze liner. There are lots of formulas of this mascara out now, but the original is my favorite. I find myself reaching for it every day and I have lots of mascaras (read: too many), so that is saying something. 

 7. Covergirl Liquiline Blast liner



This is a new discovery and I am using it daily. I love how creamy and blendable it is. It also comes with a smudger on the other end, so this is very handy. I do not believe this product claims to be waterproof or long-lasting, but I find it is when set with a black shadow over the top with a smudge brush. The color is also super intense black. 

8. Physicians Formula shimmer strips



I bought this on recommendation from GlamLifeGuru (Tati) on YouTube, because she said this is one of her favorite multitasking products. I normally use the top two colors on the top of my cheekbones, down my nose, and cupid's bow as a highlight (the top of my hand in the picture, kind of hard to see). You can also mix all the colors together for a golden eye look (bottom). I love using one of the darker colors in the crease with a lighter gold on the whole lid. I would also use this on top of bronzer in the summer. Just go gently, this stuff is pigmented. It is easy to overdo it! 


What are your drugstore must haves? 
xxChris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger