MUFE HD Foundation

Wednesday, December 4, 2013


I usually gravitate to more natural foundations. I would rather my face look like actual skin, instead of a face full of makeup. I like for imperfections to show through, because then it looks more natural. If I ever pick up a face product with more coverage, it is usually in the medium coverage category. The newest foundation I have tried is a total cult favorite. Makeup Forever (MUFE) HD foundation is praised for its ability to look gorgeous in photographs and in HD videos. One thing it gets criticism on, however, is the coverage can get thick...in a bad way. Like in a face full of makeup kinda way. When applied correctly, though, this foundation gives a beautiful semi-matte finish that looks very natural with medium coverage. Just like my skin, but much, much better. It also lasts a very long time too. So for those of us without naturally perfect skin, this is very helpful in faking it *wink


This foundation is best applied with a brush for a flawless, airbrushed finish. I always prefer the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. This brush is not only affordable, but it is simply the best. I always find myself reaching for it. I only use about 3/4 of a pump of the liquid foundation on the back of my hand (any more than that and you are getting into more full coverage territory) and then dot it all over the face. Lastly, use the brush to buff the product into the skin using circular motions. Set it with a light powder (although you can skip this step unless you are oily...this is not a dewy foundation that needs to be powdered) and viola! gorgeous skin.


I have been wearing this base for about 3 weeks non-stop and I cannot get enough. You can pick it up from Sephora. Ask them for a sample if you would like to try this product before purchasing. I also found it helpful to have the girls there match my color as this range runs from yellow to pink undertones and it is always easier for someone else to match the tone for you!

What are your favorite foundations? Have you tried MUFE HD?
xxChris

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this foundation! A Sephora sales person actually recommended this for me about a year ago, and then I started hearing all about it. And the Real Techniques brush is my absolute favorite. I use it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this a few years ago and had mixed feelings about it. I thought it made my skin look super oily in pictures. You're making me want to try it again! It looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It probably isn't the best for oily skin. I would say it is worth trying it with a primer though. Just because the finish is so beautiful. I honestly didn't know my skin could look this good...haha. But my skin is pretty normal, so I cannot attest to its staying power for oily skin!

    ReplyDelete

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger