Largest Empties of All Time

Friday, June 6, 2014


I love watching empties videos. It speaks volumes about a product if you actually use it up, as opposed to it sitting in the back of your drawers gathering dust. Here are the things I have used up recently. 

1) Target Eye Makeup Remover 

This removes eye makeup easily without tugging or pulling. Anytime I am without this, mascara becomes super annoying/impossible to remove. I wash my face first, then go in with this on a cotton pad and it removes everything so quickly. I have been using this product for years and will continue to probably forever. 
Repurchased: yes 


2. Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish (Sephora, salons)

This gives lift and texture instantly. I have never used anything quite like this. It is the remedy for blah hair days when your hair is just less-than-amazing. I have fine hair that tends to go limp, so I need something to revive my hair quickly. It can also double as a dry shampoo, as long as your hair isn't too dirty (for that use Batiste dry shampoo).
Repurchased: yes 


3. Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo (Sephora, salons)

This is a clarifying shampoo used once weekly to remove product buildup. I liked it, but I am going to try a new clarifying shampoo next. I do not feel it is worth the splurge to just use this once weekly.
Repurchased? no

4. Toni & Guy Classic Hairspray (Target)

I was bummed about this product. Toni & Guy was majorly hyped up at Target this past year. This held my style nicely, but had a major downside: a sticky film. I always spray some hairspray into my hands and run it along my hairline after styling to tame fly-aways. This hairspray created a strange film on my hands that I could not wash off. It would peel off in strange bits throughout the day. Very strange and way too annoying to continue to use this. I used it up, but I am glad I don't have to deal with it anymore. I might try something else from this brand though, as it is said to be amazing. 
Repurchased? no


5. Bioderma Micellar Water (Amazon, Ebay, etc)

This is the much talked about Bioderma makeup remover. I use it prior to washing my face to remove all my makeup. The only downside is it isn't the best at removing mascara. It will remove it, but it takes some time and effort. I do love using it though and I feel my skin gets very clean and is more clear. Unfortunately, this is very hard to get a hold of in America (it is a French product). I usually purchase mine off Amazon.
Repurchased? not yet


6. Bumble & Bumble Spray de Mode Hairspray (Sephora, salons)

This hairspray holds my curls for days and is flexible enough to not weigh down my hair or feel crunchy. Perfection in a can.
Repurchased? yes 


7. Michael Todd Blue Green Algae Toner (http://www.michaeltoddtrueorganics.com/)

This brand is organic and naturally antibacterial. The point of this toner is to prevent acne while stabilizing the pH of the skin. I find it did both of these things. It also contains hyaluronic acid, which is a molecule that holds 100x its weight in water (read: this is very hydrating). I am currently using up another toner, but I will pick this up again soon.
Repurchased? not yet, but soon 


8. FAB Ultra Repair Cream and Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (Sephora for FAB, drugstores for Cetaphil)

I have eczema in the winter. TMI, I know, but these two SAVE my skin. The First Aid Beauty cream is very good for sensitive skin as it contain nothing harsh and has no fragrance or coloring. I use this one as my facial moisturizer in the evening. Plus: it is inexpensive. The Cetaphil moisturizing cream is a very thick moisturizer that I use every day in the winter. If I use this religiously, I will not have dry skin in the winter.
Repurchased? yes to both 


9. Sibu Balancing Facial Cleanser (Hautelook, sibubeauty.com)

I liked this, it cleaned my skin without stripping it and leaving it feeling dry. I also like the concept behind this brand. It is loaded with antioxidants from the Goji berry which are good for protecting your skin from the sun, reversing signs of aging, etc. I would repurchase, but am trying another cleanser in the meantime.
Repurchased? Not yet 


10. Sibu Sea Buckthorn Moisturizing Night Cream (Hautelook, sibubeauty.com)

Using up two of these is a statement in itself. I love this product. It is thick and hydrating and does not break out my sensitive skin. It is loaded with antioxidants and I just feel it is good for my skin. I will repurchase another next time Sibu is on Hautelook.
Repurchased? Not yet 

11. Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant (Sephora)

I love this product. I read an article once about antiperspirant and how aluminum is found in most breast cancer tumors. I am in the science field, so I am not going to read an article and instantly believe it without doing more research. That being said, I don't sweat much (is that weird?) so I do not see a need in putting on aluminum (which is a drug, btw, look at the back of your antiperspirant and see a Drug Facts Panel) if I don't have to. This is a natural deodorant which is basically perfume for your underarms. After I workout, if I am sweaty and gross, I will use a disposable face wipe under my arms before reapplying this. I recommend everyone at least try this out!
Repurchased? yes 


12. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Detangler (Sephora/Target) 

I have used several bottles of this. Honestly I bought it because of the smell (heaven), but I notice it does wonders for detangling and making my hair silky and soft. I don't use very much though, just a couple sprays, as more will weigh my fine hair down.
Repurchased? yes 

13. DiorShow Mascara, Nars Creamy Concealer, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer 

These are all 3 holy grail products that will all be repurchased at some point. I have posted on the Nars concealer previously (spoiler: it's perfect) and the Laura Mercier is a friend for anyone with acne (mine expired, aka a little goes a long way).
Repurchased? yes to both concealers, not yet for mascara 


Whew, that was a lot of empties. What products do you continue to repurchase over and over? 
xxChris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger