Spring is in the Air

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Spring gradually creeps up and everything becomes colorful and bright. However, this gradual change does NOT happen with my makeup. It is like one day I am wearing the same dark red lipstick, then BAM, it's like pink and sparkles threw up on me. I normally wear no color at all, lets be honest, but all of a sudden I am the fairy of all things summer and all things hot (spoken in Olaf's voice..if you haven't seen Frozen what is wrong with you?!). Call it a phase. Call it costume-ing (guilty..). Either way, it is fun and I like it. Recently, I have picked up a few new products that I imagine will become summer staples in my collection very quickly.


 
 
First up, the second I saw Ingrid (MissGlamorazzi on YouTube) using this sheer coral lipstick, I was sold. It is spring in a bottle and has a nice minty feeling on the lips. Tarte lipstick in Coral Blossom will be on my lips probably non-stop in the coming season. It gives a nice coral wash, while striking that perfect balance between sheer and not-too-sheer. Give it a swatch next time you are in Sephora. I also like the price of Tarte lipsticks. I feel like some brands automatically slap $29 on everything. This baby rings up at around $16, which I like much better, thank you very much.

Also influenced by Ingrid, the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation. Despite the complicated name, this product is pretty straightforward. In the summer, my makeup gets lazier and I look for products that are quick and not heavy. This product fits the bill feeling super light on the skin. To apply this use a buffing brush (or stippling brush for a lighter application to set liquid foundation) to apply the powder directly to the skin. It blends in seamlessly and will give you nearly perfect skin (seriously, it is scary). It is solidly medium coverage and when I tried to build it, it did not cooperate so I am not sure about it being "full coverage". Anyways, I suggest a primer underneath to really help the powder hold throughout the day and to keep oil at bay.

Lastly, Mac's eyeshadow in "Amber Lights" has been getting a lot of wear. It is a warm amber-y gold that looks perfect worn alone all over the lid.


Wearing all the products mentioned
Speaking of Spring, Forever 21's brand Love 21 has some really cute offerings right now. I am all for the high/low mix. I love higher-end brands just as much as I like browsing the clothing section at Target every time I need milk (you do it too!). The Love 21 section of Forever 21 online boasts pieces with a slightly higher price tag (don't think crazy, like $25 instead of $16.99) and nicer construction (both the dresses I picked up were lined). I love it because every single spring trend is  there. If you are in doubt about what to add to your wardrobe this Summer, just browse the shop and all the trends are right there for you to pick from. I picked up 3 dresses (2 floral) and a flower kimono that makes me so happy (see below). This one below is my favorite because it makes me feel like a mix of Mary Poppins and Sookie Stackhouse (never thought I would use those 2 names in the same sentence).
 




FLoral Kimono from Love 21
I also had to add a quick shout-out to OPI Mod About You nail polish (Sally's). I have yet to figure out how to take a true-to-color picture, but it is basically a milky opaque pink that screams Spring and makes your nails look very clean and polished (get it?! ha..).



What have you been loving for Spring?
xxChris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger