My first wedding: Cochran and Hodges

Sunday, November 2, 2014


Freelance has been in my heart for a while now. I love makeup artistry and everything about its power to transform not only the way you look, but also the way you feel. So when a friend asked me to assist in her makeup on her big day, I was flattered. Our inspiration was very Lana del Rey, vintage and classic.

We went with a purple smokey eye with taupes and browns and a YLBB (your lips but better) nude lip. The eye look: Mac Satin Taupe all over the lid, Mac Soft Brown in the crease, and Naked 3 Darkside in the outer corner. Darkside is easily my favorite eye shadow of all time. It is a smokey dark grey and blends like a dream. Adding this color to the outer corner and blending lightly into the crease is the easiest one-step smokey eye. After adding a slight flick with Bobbi Brown gel liner in black, I added Esquido lashes. I have been wanting to try this lash brand for a while now, as they are basically hand threaded mink hair *read: fancy. They made a very natural statement and were the perfect finishing touch. She looked beautiful and I cannot wait to do more weddings. Cheers to the Hodges!




Photography by: Campbell Photography (website: http://www.deepsouthweddings.com/) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger