Treat Yourself

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I try my hardest to find time to treat myself every day. It may be something as small as a quick nail polish change, but the small things count! It's in these quiet moments by myself that I can truly relax. Here are some of my favorite products to assist in my quest for zen:


1. Clarins Huile Lotus Facial Oil 
I actually sought this baby out for acne. You read it right, a facial oil for acne. I have an extensive past with dermatologists, hormonal experts, etc. etc. to no avail. I wanted to try something natural and have noticed research on plant extracts and decreasing inflammation associated with acne. Anyways, this one came up in a ton of reviews and I am giving it a whirl. I have to say I am already a believer. I haven't noticed any changes in my acne yet, but after 3 days, my skin is radiant and so soft. I just pat 2 drops onto my skin after cleansing at night. Oh and not to mention, this oil smells like a floral lovers dream. (Sephora, $50)

2. Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Mask 
I once heard this hair mask is Kim Kardashian's favorite and I understand why. This hair mask smells like vanilla and coconut and everything wonderful. It is full of essential oils and proteins to fortify hair. I use this mask once weekly, leave in for around 10 minutes and wash out to reveal silky, healthy hair. One thing to note is that this mask is very intense. Once a week is good enough, and keep in mind that if you are fine haired any rich protein mask will make your hair a little flat the next day. *nothing a little root lifter spray can't fix ;) (Sephora, $32)


3. Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner 
I was first attracted to this product because of the marketing: a conditioner for your body that is easier than applying body lotion? I'm all in. I am a bit flaky when it comes to daily body moisturizing, but this product takes the chore out of it and injects it with a spa-like experience. The texture is thick and very rose scented. You only need the tiniest amount, massaged into the skin in the shower, leave on while you condition your hair, and presto! super smooth skin and a lingering garden-fresh scent. This will be my savior once winter rolls around again. (Lush, $32)




What are your spa-day indulgences? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger