Mac Cranberry: A Fall Staple

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A quick EOTD (eye of the day) featuring Mac Cranberry. This shadow is one of my favorites to break out in the fall. Yes it is red and yes you can wear red eyeshadow! I previously wrote a post on how I duped a famous and limited edition Mac palette called Spiced Chocolate (http://pursuitofnovelty.blogspot.com/2013_06_01_archive.html). One of the colors is Cranberry, bottom left.

Tanya Burr (makeup artist/YouTube personality) suggests applying this color in the outer corner after completing an eye look to add depth. I did a wash of the lightest color in the palette over the entire lid. I then worked the dark brown color through the crease. Lastly, I took cranberry on a small brush and gently placed it in the outer corner of the eye. *Most important step: I next blended everything with a clean fluffy eye brush. This step makes the whole look very diffused and the effect is an added intense depth that I can't achieve with any other color.



What fall inspired colors are you wanting to try? I hope I inspired you to try Mac Cranberry if you haven't ever tried it!
xxChris


0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger