Mally Evercolor Shadow Sticks

Wednesday, January 1, 2014



I have a confession: I am addicted to cream eyeshadow sticks. They are just so easy to blend, quick (swipe and go), and the smudgeproof formulations will set and stay all day. I have too many already. Among my favorites are the Mac greasepaint sticks (discontinued), Laura Mercier caviar sticks, and the Rimmel waterproof sticks. I first heard of Mally from Emily of Beauty Broadcast. She is a former news anchor and knows a thing or two about long-lasting makeup. The Mally Evercolor Eyeshadow Sticks are one of her holy grail products, so when I saw them in a set on QVC, I jumped at the chance to try the line. These are normally $25 each, which I feel is a bit steep. QVC has the whole line and you get 5 colors for $35. 


The packaging is nothing to write home about. I think the case is cute, but it feels cheap. Which is no problem, because the product inside is very high quality. 

The set comes with a good range of colors. All of them are shimmery. If you prefer mattes for every day, you will not like this. The shimmer is intense, borderline glitter. I love them though, on their own or underneath other colors (as a base). They really make my eyes pop and are very creamy and easy to blend. Once they set/dry, they are there ALL day long. I usually have creasing after about 6-8 hours with all other shadows, except these. Which also makes them a fantastic eye base to make other colors on top last all day. 



It was quite hard to capture the shimmer on camera. From top to bottom you get: a dark green, bronze, dark plum, warm taupe, and a champagne. In the picture above, I am wearing the warm taupe all over the lid and smudged underneath the eye. You could add a warmer color in the crease if you wanted to get a more complete look, but as I said...I can be lazy..



Score: A+
Best for: oily eyelids, shimmer lovers, and those first venturing into cream eyeshadow

You can get the set at QVC here or you can purchase individual colors at Ulta.
xxChris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger