The Naked 3 Palette: A review

Wednesday, January 15, 2014



The Naked 3 palette was something I wanted from the first time I laid eyes on all the rosy-toned neutrals. I picked it up the day it came out and have waited to review it so I could play around with the colors first. I always prefer warm shadows. I love how much a tinge of warmth in a shadow can brighten your whole face and make you look vibrant and awake.

Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick
The lighter half of the palette is pretty and flattering, but standard. I have shadows that are similar to these. The color Limit is a good transition color and I find myself using Trick often (a gold glitter). Buzz is another one I reach for often. Strange is a good all over the lid base.

Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart
As you move down the colors, you get darker shades. My favorites are definitely at this end of the palette. I first fell in love with the color Nooner, a matte mauve unlike anything else I have ever seen. I love using this color in the crease to finish off any look. The next 3 colors are all similar, but amazing in their own ways. Liar and Mugshot are my favorites to sweep all over the lid. Factory is beautiful in the outer corner or smudged underneath the eye. Darkside is a huge standout. I don't own many gray shadows that show up true to the pan and this one does. It is the best gray shadow I have ever owned. It is easily smoked out and honestly makes the easiest smokey eye (bottom 2 pictures, I am only wearing this color). Blackheart is also unique, being a blackened-burgundy. The burgundy does not show up too much, but it is there enough to make this shadow so beautiful as a liner or to intensify the outer corner.

Mugshot all over the lid, Nooner in the crease, Blackheart as a liner and on the lower lash line
Darkside in the outer corner and blended into the crease
Darkside

I love this palette for its versatility and unique nature. I do not own anything like it and I love that. I have reached for it on days when I want a natural look without being boring. I have also reached for it for night outs when I want a dark smokey eye with some shimmer. This palette is worth the investment.

Do you own the Naked 3?
xxChris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger