Easter FOTD

Sunday, April 20, 2014

It is a general rule that I get sappy on holidays. I don't know why, but I always do. I am just a sentimental person, prone to sappiness at any given moment. I am just so thankful my Savior is alive and risen! I feel His presence constantly and I know He has me in every situation. This has been especially relevant as I haven't been having the easiest time lately. Sometimes life throws you curveballs (very heavy, painful ones....right in your face...) and you have to rest on His promises and know that in the end, everything will be alright. I serve such a loving God!
 
I stepped up my makeup game for Easter because I was feeling feminine for some reason (not a common occurrence). I wore my new Revlon Matte Stain in Showy. If you want a bright pink lip for summer, let me tell you, you NEED this. My love for the original balm stains by Revlon is no joke (I have them all) and these are still just as good and totally matte (on trend right now). Maybe a touch more drying, but the color stays on SO long that it is worth it. Pick one of these up if you haven't already. This is easily my favorite drugstore lip line of all time. And they are like $6 at Target. I love finding really good affordable products.
 
With the pop of color on the lips, I am wearing two shades from the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette on my eyes, the color Factory all over the lid with Nooner in the crease. I also did a slight wing with my Bobbi Brown Gel liner in Chocolate Shimmer Ink. I am loving this liner lately. Very natural, while still defining the eyes.
 
 
To my frustration, there is no way to make this lip color show up on camera. Just take what it looks like in the above picture and times it by like 6 million. It is very vibrant and almost neon in appearance. Also, I am LOVING Stealla & Dot lately. Their jewelry is such good quality and very trendy in a good way. I bought these tassel earrings and felt very Daisy Buchannan all day (see below). 


Since I feel like rambling.....I have discovered something about my skin recently. I am allergic to chemical sunscreens (titanium dioxide, etc). I always use the physical sunscreens (more natural in my opinion) and have had no problem. I normally use the Aveeno SPF moisturizer. I recently had the worst breakout I have had in a long time (I am talking covered...sick) and nothing was different except a new product for my face with chemical sunscreens. I think they are too harsh for my face and break out my sensitive skin. Have any of you had this problem?

I hope you all had an amazing Easter. Jesus has risen for YOU!
xxChris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger