Sephora VIB Haulin'

Wednesday, April 16, 2014


Sephora recently had a 15% off sale and what kind of beauty blogger would I be if I skipped out(justification in process...). I actually did pretty well and did not go too crazy. Here is a quick review of the things I picked up.

1. First Aid Beauty (FAB) Witch Hazel Blemish Control Pads


I have always loved First Aid Beauty skincare. It is formulated for sensitive skin and I have had luck with their products not breaking me out. Typical toners irritate my skin because of the high alcohol content. I have read into witch hazel for acne. It is a natural astringent and antibacterial. It is suggested to use this toner twice a day, but I have been using it once at night as I do not want to dry out my skin. I have high hopes and will keep you posted on how I end up liking it!

2. Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel
 

 
I may or may not have had a total fan-girl moment when I met the Anastasia brow rep. She was so nice and complemented me several times on my brows. She even referenced us as "the girls with thicker brows...". Anyone that knows me knows this was a huge complement. She gave me a few tips about how to fill in my brows more naturally. She suggested to map out the brow with a pencil first (see below; basically lightly draw the shape on the top and bottom of the arch), then blend with a spoolie and run a tinted brow gel over the brow. Viola! Perfect brows. Especially when the Anastasia rep does them..
 

Brow "mapped out" prior to gel

3. Bumble & Bumble Dryspun Finish Texturizing Spray


This is my second bottle of this stuff. Total life saver for girls with fine hair. It is instant volume and style. Left side is without, right with. Enough said. It gives light, airy texture and major volume. It is seriously so good it's like some kind of hair sorcery. The only drawback is how fast I can use it up.

I also picked up Bumble & Bumble Texture Undressing Cream to give my hair some texture in the summer. I also picked two 100 pt. samples: the Becca Primer (which I have heard is amazing for oily skin in the summer) and the new Benefit BB cream. The Benefit BB was good, but too light for me. Very light, matte coverage - if you are after that sort of thing you may like it). I am wearing it in the photos above if you need a reference. I will keep trying it out, but for now I am not super impressed.

Did you pick up anything from the sale? I would love to hear your hauls!
xxChris

0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger