Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder vs. NYX Taupe

Sunday, May 11, 2014


There are two types of contours. One that is more bronzey or orange toned (regular bronzer) and the other that leans more ashy/taupey. Ashy is a little more natural, albeit muddy if not applied correctly. NYX Taupe is a Pinterest-y favorite contour and I love that one. I heard it was similar to the Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder, so after picking that one up on my recent NYC trip, I decided to do a quick comparison. First of all, the packaging. Are you kidding me? Sleek to the extreme.


The colors look pretty similar in the pan, ashy/taupe contours, but swatched they are actually very different. The KA leans more orange, while the NYX is more taupe and sheer. The finish is also different. The NYX has more of a sheen, while the KA is matte. While I think both are suitable contours, KA wins for the most natural result. I will still use both though as they both magically give me cheekbones. 

KA on the left, NYX right 
Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder
Have you experimented with contouring? I will admit it is seriously addicting. 
xxChris


0 comments:

Post a Comment

In the pursuit of novelty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger